Shimmering Butterfly ATC by Tracey Fairgrieve

10:59


Morning Crafty Friends, I'm sharing a Tyvek covered ATC today that I made a while back. It flew off to That's Crafty! HQ for the June Hochanda Shows before I got chance to photograph it properly. So I hope you can understand my *How To Do* rundown.


Using an A4 sheet of Tyvek on a heat mat I dripped Turquoise and Copper Shimmer paints over it along with Valencia, Amethyst and Turquoise alcohol inks too. From the middle outwards I began to heat gently with a heat tool and slowly but surely the Tyvek shrinks and bubbles with the heat and areas breakdown if excessive heat is applied.







From the A4 sheet I chose which section I wanted as my ATC background and cut it out with a very sharp pair of scissors as some areas can be pretty tough when shrunken down. I then glued the Tyvek onto my ATC with strong glue and held the edges down with bulldog clips until fixed securely.

I dusted over the raised areas and edges with Antique Gold Shimmer paint, filling some of the deeper areas with gold micro beads.







Three small butterflies were painted in Purple and detail added with the Charcoal and Antique Gold Shimmer paint. Embellished with wire beaded antennae the Butterflies are ready to be glued in place. A touch of gold gilding wax completes my Tyvek ATC.






Tyvek is a synthetic material, extremely versatile and used for so many things. It's a hidden gem of a product and very popular in the mixed media world especially textile art. No textile art for me today but if you’re thinking about trying Tyvek out this is the perfect size.
I hope you have been inspired to give it a go?

Until next Monday Take Care and please check in every day for some more That's Crafty! Creations from the Design Team.

Creative Hugs

Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:


That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard ATCs from the Panel Pack
That's Crafty! Shimmer Paint ~ Antique Gold, Turquoise, Copper, Purple, Charcoal
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits and Pieces ~ Small Butterflies and Dragonflies
Tim Holtz ~ Alcohol Inks
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive



You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. It looks gorgeous Tracey, love the bubbles from heating tyvek, and your lovely, lovely painted butterflies. Looking so beautiful with the golden touches here and there.
    Hugs, Dorthe ,XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorthe.. You can achieve some super effects with the Tyvek, i'm experimenting with it a little bit more.. xx

      Delete
  2. Just love this Tracey. Beautiful textures and colours. So pretty.
    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely gorgeous piece of artwork Tracey. The texture is amazing and the butterflies are so lovely with the wire detail added.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fliss, I find it difficult to stick to one medium, always find a way to sneak something else in hee hee xx

      Delete
  4. Looks great Tracey so much lovely scrummy textures and shimmer
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, for such a little one it packs quite a punch!!

      Delete
  5. I really, really love this one, I could look at the textures for hours Tracey,stunning creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I could happily create these everyday xx

      Delete
  6. Ah I do adore this! Amazing texture, colour and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delicious textures.. love the addition of the beads and the butterflies are beautiful... (as well as a circle obsession.. I also have a butterfly addiction). I gotta try this tyvek. Your piece is an inspitation. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delicious textures.. love the addition of the beads and the butterflies are beautiful... (as well as a circle obsession.. I also have a butterfly addiction). I gotta try this tyvek. Your piece is an inspitation. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook