Chill by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

This week I have a card for you using a really “cool dude” which is one of the recently released animal character stamps from Carabelle Studio.







Here’s What I Did:


The background is a piece of mixed media card that I have used to mop up a selection of Distress Oxides that I applied to my craft mat and spritzed with water - I think everyone has fallen in love with Distress Oxides and there are 12 more colours available now at That’s Crafty! HERE, anyway back to my card. I then stencilled a combination of Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber through Tim Holtz’s Rays Layering stencil. The sun was created by punching a circle out of thin acetate and making my own stencil.

Onto a separate piece of card I stamped the Cool Dude turtle and coloured him in using Colour Blend pencils, cut him out and added him to the card. A sentiment accompanies him on the stamp set but I only used the half that said “take it easy”, I covered up the wording I didn’t want before I inked it and then stamped the section I wanted, the words Chill and are from a stamp from my stash.

All was mounted onto black card and added to an 8” x 8” card blank.


Here’s What I Used:


Circle Punch
Acetate
Carabelle Studio Stamp Set – Vacation (or as I call it Cool Dude)
Card Blank

Have a fabulous week and I will see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. It is a gorgeous background ,love your own made sun and the beautiful rays - it is like a day where it all is dancing in the sun and warmth ,Amanda- I`m sur Mr. Dude, enjoy it very much there :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love that Oxide sky! Fabulous card - and I'm off to play with some Oxides as soon as I have a day off!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful background for the rather cool turtle Amanda, just love this.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love. Love all of it. He is on my next purchase list. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that little Dude.. so full of character and a magnificent background Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha now that's a cutie, superbly coloured as always of course
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. With my missing mojo I still hardly used my oxides - really must - fabulous design Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook