Mixed Media Collage - Wings of Secret by Dorthe Hansen

10:59


Hello Monday and hello to you all, here is my DT sample for today!






Using one of the bigger White/Greyboard Tags , I created this romantic piece.
I dyed a piece of cheese cloth with Brusho light brown and when dry, added it to the tag with Matte Medium Gel.

Using a piece of normal copy paper I then painted it with the new beautiful
Shimmer paints from That’s Crafty! Red, Pink, Copper and Pearl, mixing them a bit
over the page. When dry I stamped with various stamps, from the Texture Stamp Sets 1 and 2.






I tore it in pieces and adhered to the cheese cloth, like a collage.

The wonderful butterfly and wings embellishments, were painted with the silver paint also from That's Crafty! and after the butterfly wings dried, run through my Big shot with an embossing folder from Sizzix, to create a pattern which was highlighted with Distress Inks Worn Lipstick and Sugar Spun. The angel wings were painted with pink and Distress Ink Coffee.






Also I used a piece of the shimmer painted paper to stamp the lovely image from Lynne Perrella, adhered it to the tag with a piece of lace and the wings. The butterflies were bent in the middle, which the very sturdy cardboard masters perfectly without breaking and then adhered too.

Lastly I stamped one of Lynne’s beautiful Affirmations on a paper left over and wrote the words WINGS onto an acrylic tile. Pearl paint was dotted onto the tile and it was added to the tag. 





All finished with a piece of brown sari silk.


MATERIALS:


That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Texture Stamps Set 1 and 2
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Cheesecloth
Copy Paper
Sari Silk Ribbon


Dorthe

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Always a wonderful read on a Monday. This is a VERY Romantic piece, subtle in colour and ever increasing detail. I love your use of the clear acrylic, from afar I thought you had embroidered it.. So alluring Dorthe. Thank you for sharing.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Tracey, I`m afraid I am a romantic soul myself, and so it is also seen on my creations, LOL. Tracey ,to be honest I tried to stamp onto the acrylic tile, but without luck !! Thank`s again for your kind words.
      Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  2. This really is so beautiful Dorthe. Love the pretty colours and the addition of the cheesecloth and sari silks gives such wonderful texture. The use of acrylic is a lovely touch too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fliss, I`M so glad you love I used fabrics, they always call on me, when I create . I`m not real confident with the acrylics yet, so I have to try ,again :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning Dorth. I love the colour and the texture you have created is just awesome. The attention to detail is outstanding. Just beautiful. Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bev, thank you friend, for your lovely words to me , they mean a lot !! Much love back to you- xxx ,Dorthe

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Dorthe....,love the cheesecloth and fabulous embellishing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous collage, loving all texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have combined many different textures, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amanda, thank you so much , Love, Dorthe- xx

      Delete
  7. A gorgeous and almost magical creation,beautiful
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna, sending you hugs and xxx, too :-)

      Delete
  8. Dorthe, This could not be mistaken as anyone else creating this!!!
    Beautiful, delicate colours and clever work with the acrylic tile. The sweet butterfly with the detail on it and the lovely textures you gathered for this beautifully romantic creation - it is making me sigh!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Lynne, thank you so much , I`m glad I`m recognisable , in this ,and that you love it. I need more time with the Acrylics , they make great windows ! Thank you for your loving words to me.xxx

      Delete
  9. I love the soft, feminine layers of texture and fabric. The colour palette is so pretty, as are the delicate stamped images. Such a romantic creation - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Alison, thank`s a lot for your kind words , -Laura`s new paints, really are wonderful to work with , and you know me,--I`m totally romantic :-)
      Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  10. Dorthe, your romantic tag is wonderful! Wow! I love love love that you have used so many layers of textiles and papers! The pink is perfect with the natural elements. The gold stampings at the bottle really look fab along with the rougher elements. As usual your art tells of romance, nature and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Dorthe! The textures, colours and layers - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful piece of art you have made my dear friend - So many wonderful details and lovely colours make this amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful,dear friend. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook