Happy Valentines Day by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

February 14th, the most romantic day of the year, so I hope that you’ve all been showered with romantic gestures and gifts. To celebrate the day I have a Valentines card to share with you, perhaps not the most romantic but love shows itself in many way…………







Here’s What I Did:-


Quite a simple one from me this week. I started by stamping the character and then stamping the heart 3 times as though they were balloons. Then using a black fineliner pen I drew in the strings. I then coloured her using Colourblend pencils. I decided I didn’t want the background to be just white so I added fine splatters by dipping an old toothbrush into AquaTints and then added the splatters by dragging a cocktail stick through the toothbrush, this creates much finer splatters than flicking with a paint brush. To protect the coloured images I had made a mask by stamping onto a Post It Note, cutting out and covering the image to protect it.

I grounded her by tearing up some washi tape and then added a little more to the top to balance it out. 







The sentiment, which is my Valentine message, is from my stash.

The final detail was to run around the edge of the card with my sewing machine. Matted onto black card and added to a card blank. Now never let it be said that I am not romantic!!!!


What I Used:-


Paper Stumps
Sentiment Stamp from my stash
Old Toothbrush & Cocktail Stick
Sewing Machine
Card Blank 7’ x 7”

I hope that you have a fabulous day

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. It's the little finishing touches...the torn washi, the stitched border... that make this card fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore this Amanda! Simplicity itself but so much gorgeous detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Brilliant detailing - the washi, the zigzag stitching, the toothpaste spatter - and altogether a Valentine after my own heart... not soppy and sentimental, but real world romantic. I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY - brilliant card - made just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the way all Valentines cards should be ha ha!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has made me smile, it is so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, such a happy card, love those images too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook