Creating Progress Journal Page by Fliss Goodwin

09:19


Hi there, I have another of my Hochanda samples to share this week, this one a page with lots of layering which is a great way to add extra interest to your artwork.








Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Harlequin, Punchinella and Reverse Honeycomb Backgrounds
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylics – Banana, Pumpkin Soup, Cherry Red, Wisteria


Recipe:


I applied the yellow and orange paints to the background with baby wipes, smooshing and layering the colours until I was happy with the effect.

I next used the harlequin stencil with the wisteria paint to add a pattern on the background – you can have fun with this as grungy is good! You don’t need to be precise.

I then cut various rectangles of white card and arranged them on the background to see how they worked shape wise. Once I had a look I liked, I then coloured the pieces by adding paints to a tray, misting it with water and dipping the card in. Having decided on the position of the pieces prior to this, I was able to obtain a harmonious flow of colours.

I used the various stencils and the collage stamp with blue ink and paint to add a pattern to the painted panels. I stamped a quote on one and stencilled create on another. I inked all the edges and also the page edges themselves to draw all the elements together.

I glued the finished panels to the page, and added a butterfly from my bits box stamped on a scrap of Gelli print paper together with some stickers from the Tim Holtz book.


We have a new challenge for you today over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am to see how you can win a great prize just for entering!


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous,another zingy and zesty delight!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layered page Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fliss
    I really like the composition and layered rectangles - so pretty!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful page Fliss, I love those layers! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stacking of paper on this, adds such depth to it , wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook