Say it with Flowers by Nikki Acton

00:00






Hello! Today I thought I would make a couple of cards using Tim Holtz Flower Garden Stamp Set, his Latticework stencil and Distress Inks.


What I did


I spritzed some white card with Iced Spruce Distress Stain. Most of this will be covered up but I just like the additional depth the added layer can provide.






Next I took my stencil and used it in two different ways. For the first card I inked the stencil itself with a couple of colours of Distress Ink, spritz with water and lay the card over it. This is really stamping with the stencil. Once dry I added a lighter ink (mustard seed) over the whole card.






For the second card I inked the card first and then placed the now clean(ish!) stencil over the inked card and spritzed with water. Wait a few seconds, remove and dab with kitchen roll to remove the ink that has been wet.






I stamped some of the flowers on more card in archival ink and used my water brush and Distress inks to colour them. In the end I changed the green colour below as it was a bit bright!






To matt and layer the cards I used more inks (I use Cut and Dry Foam) and stencilling to create a background layer.






I also did some splattering with watery gesso.






I finished by added some hashtag greetings and some inking of my edges!






Thanks for stopping by – see you next week.

Nikki

 


Supplies


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous! These are SO beautiful! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love these Nikki. That lattice stencil is super! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fresh and cheerful lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning cards, there are no better flower stamps than these ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely gorgeous, Nikki - I love the earthy warmth of the colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook