Oh Decisions, Decisions by Moira Sutton

00:00





Old Paper/Ephemera
Gelatos – Pink, Green and Blue
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – English Red Oxide, Green Gold, Yellow Greeen Light, Pthallo Green Yellow and Cobalt Teal Hue
Hand Carved Stamps
Quote stamp from my stash


This week I have been in the process of thinking about some decisions I need to make.  Weighing up the pros and cons and gathering information to help me make the right decisions. Nothing major, but on my mind none the less and this has inspired my journal page. I have stepped away from the bright colours to a more pastel palette which I guess signifies a more reflective mood than usual for me and followed imagery which has rectangles, circles and arrows all looking for balance. There is no single feature image as this is about decision process not decision results instead I have used a quote I thought particularly relevant.
I cut up pieces of old card and ephemera and used gel medium to attach to the page.
Next I gave it a light coat of gesso and when that was dry ran the Gelatos around and inside the blocks of card so there was colour everywhere but mostly on the edges of the card pieces.
Next I got out my box of hand carved stamps and selected ones which suited my mood and stamped them in the paints in co-ordinating colours.
So as not to lose the edges of the first layer of card pieces I went round them lightly with a blue water colour pencil to add shadow.

Next came Chit Chat words which reflect the decision process and my stamp which I stamped on to stamping card, cut out and stuck on with the gel medium. 
Moira

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great idea Moira. I already want to go and make a similar page. What a great way to work through all those knotty little problems that buzz around in your brain... Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab colours and a really inspiring sentiment that I've not heard before
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely pages Moira, such a great way to use scraps and love the wonderful text on there too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous way of working things out, hope it helped to make the right decision.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook