She Remained True to Herself by Moira Sutton

00:00







Crafters Workshop Flower Frenzy Stencil
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Ramblin Rose Pink, Hibiscus Rose, Raspberry Lemonade, Merry Go Round Green, Salt Water Taffy
Gelatos – Peach, Chocolate, Lemon, Guava, Snow Cone, Green Tea
Quote stamp from stash


Hi, today I have another set of journal pages. The inspiration came from a conversation with my lovely sister about the difference between changing as a person and evolving. She is going through a period of huge change in her life and she herself is getting more in touch with parts of who she is and what she wants in life so she isn’t changing just becoming who she is while remaining true to herself.

I started with a coat of gesso on my pages.

Next I stamped the face on the right hand page and also stamped it on scrap paper. I cut the face out from the scrap paper to use as a mask and also cut a “hairstyle” out of the paper to create a mask for the areas where I wanted to stencil in the flowers for her hair. 






Next I added the Modelling Paste through the stencil.






Keeping the face masked, I sprinkled a tiny bit of the Ramblin Rose Pink Magicals and spritzed with water letting it move around a bit. I let it dry then added a tiny sprinkle of Hibiscus Rose Magical 






and spritzed and let dry and finally with the Raspberry Lemonade Magicals.  

I added a little green with a damp paint brush here and there to pick out the leaves in the stencil and add some shadows in the hair. Dripping and moving the colour is what you want but keep the face and area around the modelling paste as clear as possible. If it does get painty you can always tidy up with some gesso.

For the background I did a wash of the Salt Water Taffy all around the face, Salt Water Taffy is from the set and all these have a pearlescent rather than shimmer finish. Next to blend the hair more into the background I went round just the edges of the hair and face with a wash of the Ramblin Rose pink and blended into the Salt Water Taffy.






I was not looking for a natural face I wanted something a bit strange but not totally sci-fi so I chose a fairly neutral palette of Gelatos for the skin but Peach, Chocolate, Lemon and Guava used much more of the Lemon than I would normally. I applied the Gelatos directly and rubbed in with a finger. For the Lips I used a fine damp paint brush and picked up the Guava directly on to the paint brush and the Snow Cone was used in the same way for the eyes with the Signo providing the “whites” and “catch lights” and the Fude pen the Iris.


Finally I stamped my quote and ran the Green Tea (as green is opposite pink on the colour wheel) round the edge of my pages and rubbed in with my finger. 


Moira

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great mixed media spread Moira! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lush colours and yummy texture too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really stunning Moira and love all that texture and the gorgeous flowers.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous flowery Texture Moira in such fab strong colours, great pages
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours on this Moira and I love it wad inspired by your sister xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful texture on this beautiful page but what really struck me is that you were inspired by a conversation with your sister, that is so touching.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook