A Birthday Card by Debs Wainwright

00:00


Hi everyone, Debs here to share a birthday card I made for a friend. I found it difficult to make cards for a while but the enjoyment seems to be coming back. Especially with this one.







Here’s what I did 

  




Time for some Gelli Plate fun! Supplies gathered and I was ready. I decided to use both plates as each would add something different.








Building layers with different colours and patterns adds depth and interest. These patterns were created by the new double ended brush sets which have a lovely brush one end and a comb the other. The edges of the comb have also been made to use as a knife or small flat blade. I love them!

Using mixed medial paper cut to size, is useful in card making and as this was my purpose I played away, creating lots of different colours and patterns. (I'll show you these another time)








This piece was built using several colours and while the paint was still wet on the plate I removed the paint with one of the ends of the brushes to form flowers. Once stamped I could see all the gorgeous colours around the edge which was formed by the crust of paint built up around the edge of the plate. I really liked the result, and thought this was perfect for the card I had in mind. Cutting it out allowed me to keep it clean and sticking to a card kept the clean look. I'm a messy crafter, and often get carried away with paint on everything, myself and often what I'm working on, which can be frustrating.

I inked the torn edges to age and complete my piece. Stuck in place leaving space for the sentiment and a few words completed my card.


What I used


Dylusions Stamp Set - The Right Words
Birthday stamp and card from own stash


I hope my friend likes it! Goodbye for now, take care


Debs xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous card Debs! I love that little Gelli Plate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card Dbs and clever use of the Gelli plate xx
    Fliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and now you know how addictive card making is ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook